Child Education Allowance Rules
The government of India has announced to give the child education allowance in a new format under the 7th Pay Commission. All the employees working under the Government of India will be able to get benefits through this allowance for their children. Government employees will get help in the appropriate monthly expenditure for their children to study. In this, the education fee of their children, school dress, copy-books, and other types of expenses will be made by the government through these allowances. Important information related to the Children Education Allowance rules under the 7th Pay Commission is being given to you in detail on this page.
Rules Of Child Education Allowance:
This child education allowance will be available to all those who are working under the Government of India. It will not depend on the salary or position of the employees, that is, the children of all the employees working from all the groups like Group D to Group A will get the benefit of this. This is the way to promote children towards education.
Child Education Allowance Rules are as follows. On the basis of this allowance, the government is responsible for providing education to the children of all kinds of employees.
The necessary information related to this is given below.
- This allowance will be available to 2 elder children of a government employee. This allowance can be claimed for the third child only when the young child is born a twin.
- He can claim this allowance only after the government employee has deposited the school fees.
- It is compulsory for the children to study in a recognized school. That is, the school where the children are studying should be registered by either the central or state government.
- This allowance will be issued from primary education to higher secondary. At present, the government has kept it up to class 12. There is no condition for the minimum age of the child, its highest age is kept at 20 years for ordinary children and 22 years for differently-abled children.
- If both husband and wife are government employees, then only one of them can claim this allowance. For this, it is mandatory to deposit this certificate to someone that he is not claiming from anywhere else.
- Claims for school bag pens, pencils, etc. cannot be made under this, but books and copies can be claimed under it. If there is some kind of audiovisual class in the school, then the school fees charged for it will also be given under this allowance.
- Education-related expenses which will be directly charged by the school are tuition fees, admission fees, electronic / music/laboratory/library/sports, etc.
- Under this allowance, two sets of school uniforms and one pair of shoes can be found throughout the year.
- This allowance has been increased from Rs 1,500 to Rs 2,250. Along with this, the hostel subsidy has also been increased from Rs 4,500 to Rs 6,750 per month.
- The school allowance and hostel allowance for disabled children have been doubled. This will fulfill the needs of these children and they will be at the forefront of education.
- For child care, this allowance has been reduced from Rs 1,500 per month to Rs 3,000 per month.